A hydroponic water pump is the heart of a hydroponic system. The water pump is an essential part of every water growing system. However, it is essential to consider the features of the pump before selecting it. There is a vast variety of hydroponic water pumps. Brands are making different products with a vast variety of feature functions and price ranges. In this article, we will highlight key features of the top 10 options in the list of best water pump for hydroponics along with the pros and cons of each product.
VicTsing 80 GPH Submersible Water Pump
VicTsing is one of the most reliable products in the list of the best water pump for hydroponics. This is a submersible water pump with a maximum flow rate of 80GPH. The pump has power 4W can lift water up to 2.6 ft. Furthermore, it comes with a 1.8-meter long power cord and 2 nozzles of different diameters. You can use the nozzle according to the flow requirement. The motor with stainless steel shaft decreases the chances of erosion. Additionally, the product is available with 4 suction pumps which enable it to remain fixed on the base easily. This is a multifunctional system and is compatible with a variety of systems. Popular uses include ponds, aquariums, water gardens, fountains, and hydroponic systems.
- The pump comes with an adjustable knob to control the flow rate. This will help you monitor the pressure and quantity of the water.
- The high-quality motor creates an ultra-quiet design. This is a very important feature, and the pump will provide you a peaceful environment, unlike the other noisy options.
- No extra tools are required to clean the detachable and easy to clean design.
- The brand provides a professional installation service for one day.
- The product comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It is not well-grounded, thus shocking hazard, especially in aquariums.
- Needs regular servicing.
- No dry burning i.e. it needs to be underwater before an operation.
Homasy 80 GPH Submersible Pump
Homasy 80GPH is a small and lightweight water pump. The product works on a power of 4W and can lift water up to 2.6 feet. The completely quiet design enables you to remain in a peaceful environment without creating any typical pump noise. Furthermore, two nozzles of different diameters can enable you to change the flow of liquid according to your requirements. You can consider this multifunctional product for small to medium-sized aquariums, water gardens, tabletop fountains, and hydroponic systems.
- It comes with an adjustable knob to control the water pressure.
- Quiet and noiseless design.
- Detachable and easy to clean.
- The brand Homasy comes with a 1-year worry-free guarantee and 60 days money-back guarantee.
- A very low price product.
- Needs monthly servicing and lubrication, otherwise, the pump will get noisy.
- No dry burning i.e. needs to be underwater before the operation.
- The wire is short.
- Flow rate adjustment sometimes gets tricky.
Homasy 400GPH Submersible Pump
Homasy 400 GPH is another marvel of Homasy in our list of the best water pump for hydroponics. This is an upgraded version of the previous product Homasy 80GPH submersible pump. The motor works on 25W and can lift water up to 6.9 feet. One great feature is its suitability for both submersibles as well as dry land in-line usage. On the other hand, many competitive products are suitable for submersible usage only. The compact and powerful design comes with two different nozzles. In addition to hydroponic pumps, it works well in aquariums, fountains, and spots.
- High flow rate.
- Ultra-quiet design.
- Energy-saving model.
- Stainless steel impeller shaft.
- Easy to clean and disassemble.
- Multifunctional usage. It provides water circulation and aeration, making it more attractive for aquarium beings.
- 4 suction pumps and threaded fittings for proper settlement.
- Needs monthly servicing and lubrication, otherwise, the pump will get noisy.
- Not as long-lasting as advertised.
- The cord is short according to some users.
Eco Plus 728310 Pump
The list of the best water pump for hydroponics is incomplete without the addition of this fixed flow water pump. The maximum flow rate is 396 Gallons per hour (1500 LPH) and power 36W. The most important feature is its ceramic shaft and bearings. Furthermore, the outer shell is made up of epoxy resin with an IPX8 waterproof rating. Thus, the product is more corrosion-free as compared to the products with stainless steel shaft. It is suitable for hydroponic systems, ponds, aquariums, fountains, and waterfalls.
- Low energy consumption.
- Magnetic powerful, oil-free motor.
- Low maintenance design due to the outer protective mesh shield that reduces debris.
- Strainer to protect impeller from damage.
- Inlet and outlet fittings are included.
- Product is expensive as compared to competitive products.
- The flow is adjustable.
- Not much suitable to be used in the line.
- The design is not completely noiseless. Although very little noise is produced; this can be of white category.
Hydrofarm Active Aqua Submersible 400 GPH Water Pump:
Hydrofarm is the oldest whole seller and a leading manufacturer in the market of hydroponic machinery. This backing by brand power makes it a preferable product in the list of the best water pump for hydroponics. The feature which makes it preferable in comparison to other pumps is its ability to perform dual functions. The pump comes with a powerful mag drive system and a wire of high capacity power. Furthermore, 3 different size nozzles are a part of the package. Thus, you can easily select and alter the flow rate of water. It works both, as a submersible pump and a practical bottom draw pump. This multifunctional and average price product is compatible with both indoor and outdoor usage.
- Suitable for submersible and in-line dry usage.
- Easy to install and clean design.
- BPA safe.
- UL listed.
- 1-year warranty.
- Not much suitable for in-line dry use. The connecting part and outer washer are of low quality.
- The output ports are not a standard size. So, PVC pipes may not connect easily.
Simple Deluxe 1056 GPH Submersible Pump
The most prominent features making it a preferable option in the list of the best hydroponic water pump are its high water-lifting ability and high water flow rate. Unlike other pumps, it can lift the water as high as a height of 12 feet. Additionally, the product comes with a 276 W motor and a pre-filter that prevents debris from entering the pump. This makes the filter low maintenance and increases the life of the water pump. Polished Aluminum Oxide ceramic impeller shaft makes it rust-resistant. Aluminum Oxide is 3 times more rust resistant as compared to steel, thus making it a more corrosion resistant product.
It comes with a long 15 feet wire. So if you need a long wire and high flow rate hydroponic water pump, this is a suitable product for you. It is suitable for use in aquariums, aquaponics, fountains, ponds, statuary, fish tanks, and Hydroponic
- Easy to clean design.
- It can be used as both, submersible ad an in-line dry water pump.
- Copper is not exposed, so it is safe for fish.
- Waterproof cord and epoxy resin covering of motor, increasing the safety.
- Versatile product. Works for circulation and aeration of the water.
- Covered with a ceramic shaft, o can be useable for salty waters.
- The product is expensive as compared to other competitive products.
- The design is not completely quiet.
Simple Deluxe 400 GPH Submersible Pump
This is another product from the brand Simple Deluxe suitable for the average water flow rate requirement. The 54W pump comes with a long 15 feet wide and can lift water up to 8.2 feet. Furthermore, 3 nozzles are available to control the flow rate. In addition, the Super Deluxe 400GPH is suitable for both as a submersible or in-line use. This versatile product works both to circulate and aerate the water. It is compatible with use in the fish tank, fountains, aquaponics, ponds, statuary, and hydroponics an in-line.
- It comes with a pre-filter, this increases the life of the product.
- Polished Aluminum oxide ceramic impeller increasing the life of the pump.
- Epoxy resin insulation for maximum safety.
- The cord is long, flexible, and waterproof.
- The pre-filter needs regular maintenance.
- It is not a 100% noise-free product.
- Output decreases in incase of load on the product.
Kedsum 880 GPH Submersible Pump
This high flow rate pump from Kedsum is another good consideration in the search for the best water pump for hydroponics. The 100 W motor can lift water up to 13 feet. The package includes 3 nozzles of a different size to adjust the water flow rate. It works perfectly for both normal and saltwater along with its submersible and in-line dry form working ability. Additionally, it is suitable for aquariums, ponds, fish tanks, statuary, and hydroponics.
- Powerful and high-speed motor.
- The rate of water flow is adjustable with the help of a knob.
- Noiseless and quiet design.
- The impeller shaft is made up of polished Aluminum Oxide Ceramic. This increases the rust resistance by 3 times as compared to stainless steel.
- Detachable and easy to clean design.
- The wire is grounded and UL certified for maximum safety.
- Pricey Product.
- Wire length is short.
Fountain Pump 400 GPH Submersible Pump
This is a low flow rate product by the brand “Fountain Pump”. If you are looking for the best water pumps for hydroponics for average water-lifting ability, this is a considerable choice for you. A low power battery (25W) can lift water up to 6.5 feet or 2m. Apart from this, this is a noise-free and quiet design. So you can use it without any disturbance in your environment. The package includes an average-sized wire (6.5 ft) and 3 nozzles to adjust the water flow. It is suitable for use in aquariums, ponds, fish tanks, tabletop and backyard fountains, and hydroponics.
- It comes with a knob to adjust the flow of water.
- Detachable, easy to install, and easy to clean.
- Oil-free with no copper exposure. Thus, safe for fish in the aquarium.
- Compact design with 4 suction pumps to keep it firmly placed.
- Low price product.
- The product is not suitable for saltwater.
- The impeller shaft is made up of stainless steel. This is good but 3 times lesser corrosion resistant as compared to Aluminum Oxide Ceramic cover.
- It can’t be used in-line.
PonicsPumps 800 GPH Pump
The PonicPumps 800GPH comes with a unique magnetic wet-rotor design. Powerful Neodymium Iron Boron (NdFeB) magnets are used in 60W battery, which increases efficiency and durability. You can use it in both fresh and saltwater. Furthermore, the package includes 3 different nozzles and a long waterproof wire of 16 feet. It is suitable for aquariums, fountains, and hydroponics.
- Adjustable water flow.
- Aluminum Oxide Ceramic impeller shaft maximizing the corrosion resistance.
- Epoxy resin encasement increasing safety.
- No copper is exposed.
- Easy to disassemble and clean.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Expensive Product.
How to Select The Best Water Pump For Hydroponics
Apart from the list of best water pump for hydroponics, we are mentioning some important features for the selection of water pumps. You need to see the specifications and match the requirements of your hydroponic system.
- The flow rate of water.
- Power of battery.
- Maximum water-lifting height.
- Corrosion resistance
- The durability of the product.
- Water flow controllability.
- Specifications like length and nature of wire.
- Nature of usage, if submersible or in-line dry.
- Compatibility with water type.
Markets are full of a large number of hydroponic water pumps with different specifications and use. Every product in our list of best water pump for hydroponics has its own specifications. You need to select the water pump according to your requirements and budget.